Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beginners - Part 2 - Royal Icing, Glaze Recipes

I'm often asked by beginners for the recipes that I use for cookie dough and for icing.

You'll find my list of cookie recipes on this page.

I use royal icing to decorate my cookies.  The following royal icing recipes are nearly identical.

Royal Icing Recipes . . .

Sugarbelle's - the 2 lb version will be plenty for one batch of cookies.
Glorious Treats - and a great tutorial on outlining and flooding.
Sweetopia's
Lilaloa's
Bake at 350's
Design Me a Cake's

Sugarbelle's Chocolate Royal Icing

Glaze Recipes . . .

Some cookiers prefer to work with Glaze.
CookieCrazie's
Karen's Cookies

Royal Glaze Recipe . . .

Still others sing the praises of "Royal Glaze" - a combination of royal icing and glaze.  The invention of  Michelle, From Oven...to Lovin'

If you're new to cookieing, choose a dough recipe, an icing recipe and get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment