Monday, September 3, 2012

Mason Jar and Flowers Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

I recently ordered a whole bunch of cutters from Plastics in Print (closed for right now).

One of the cutters that I was excited to test out was the mason / canning jar.  I've seen one used as a vase for flowers in cookie form many times.  I wanted to give it a shot too.

I love how it came out.  Of course I used my KopyKake to write "Ball".  Gosh I'm thankful for that thing.  Writing like this just wouldn't be possible for me without it.

I considered piping stems down through the jar, but decided against it.  I wasn't sure if I could pull it off successfully.

The jar is the smaller of the two that PIP offers.  It's just three inches tall.

This is a small platter.  I think it would be nice for Mother's Day, Get Well, maybe a teacher gift.


But how would a row of jars look if these were to be for a party? 


Meh.  Too much empty space.  I think that it would be cuter to have three separate small plates to display on a dessert table.

Love PIP and love my jar cutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment