These cookies were made for a baby shower. The bulldog was taken from the invitations. I made them into transfers. Royal Icing transfers has got to be one of the best techniques ever. Great results and no worries about messing up directly on the cookie.
Argyle. Just the word sends shivers up my spine. These were an absolute nightmare. First I piped on the grid pattern with a 1.5 tip. I was totally pleased at that point. The lines were perfect. Once I started flooding them, those horrifying craters started appearing. Bad. Really bad. They were absolutely unacceptable. I tried a heat gun. I tried a heat lamp. Nothing was working. I ended up adding the tiniest bit of royal icing glaze to each section. Just a thin later. Let that dry, then added more. Sealing the cookie with a bit of icing did the trick. No craters. I was pleased with the result, but man, was it a long process to get them right! Thankfully there were only 12 of them to do!
Mini bones and mini paw prints. I worked on these as I stewed over how to fix the argyle. I think they kept me sane.
The small cookies were for a platter. The larger cookies were bagged up.
Maybe as in childbirth, I'll forget the pain and give it another go. Ha ha!