Monday, January 23, 2012

Swirled Roses - Royal Icing - Again

I attempted making a few more swirled roses with royal icing. So pretty!

I used a super stiff royal icing. That worked better than my previous attempt.

The larger ones are 1 1/2 inches across. The smaller ones are about 1/2 inch.

They were so pretty that I thought I'd attempt adding them straight to some cookies . . .

FAIL! Ha! Ha! Horrible, huh?
Please ignore the grey outlines. I had other plans for these cookies before I decided to try piping flowers onto them.

These are 2 inch rounds.

The one on the left was totally off center. The one on the top right became an oval. I was closer with the bottom one, but look at the petals. They're tight on one side and loose on the other. I think that it would take some practice to be able to pipe them directly onto cookies.

But I wonder if that's too much royal icing for cookies. I haven't tasted one yet. I'll find out soon.

Have you ever used that much royal icing on a cookie?

Edit: It's been 24 hours since making the cookies with the roses. I just had a taste and think I broke a tooth. Just kidding but yeah, pretty difficult to bite through the thick rose!

So the big royal icing roses on cookies is a no-go. That's disappointing. I wonder if using a royal icing with corn syrup would make it hard enough to stack yet still soft enough to enjoy. Maybe I'll try that sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment